Those with BTInternet email addresses may sometimes find that perfectly legitimate emails, such as the invitation email from John Fletcher, are classified as spam or junk mail. To stop this happening you need to logon to BT.com where you should find emails listed in your spam folder. You can then move the desired email to your inbox, and finally enter the required email addresses into the list of Safe Senders.
Here are the instructions in more detail:
- Go to bt.com
- Click on Email (top right)
- Logon with your email address and password
- When your email appears click on Spam where you should see any emails that you are looking for. Select the one you want to deal with.
- Move the email to your inbox – click on ‘Move to folder‘ and select ‘Inbox‘ from the list.
- Safe senders. Click on ‘Settings‘ and then ‘Mail‘ on the left.
- Click on ‘Safe senders‘.
- Enter any email addresses into the box that should never be delivered to your Spam folder.
- Click ‘Add‘ for each one or ‘Edit‘ if you wish to change them
Note: if the email you want is not in your spam folder it may have been deleted automatically after a period of time has elapsed. Ask the sender to resend it. This time it should go into your Inbox .
These instructions would also apply, in principle, to any email system where you want to resolve problems with incorrectly classified spam mail. Always log on to the webmail version of your email rather than the email client you use on your computer, smartphone or tablet. This might include btconnect.com and btopenworld.com addresses.
I hope this helps!